As a 21st century community we are responsible for quality teaching and learning which enhances meaningful student engagement and promotes responsible (digital) citizens.
Mental Models (our beliefs and assumptions)
· All students can learn.
· Technology is a tool that is one part of a quality learning process.
· Meaningful educational technology integration is an essential element to learning in the 21st century.
· Effective teacher up skilling is important in raising competencies. For all educators, students and parents.
· Other effective pedagogical strategies need to work in conjunction with technology.
· 2013 Roll out and effective classroom use are essential.
Systems and Structures
· iPad program in junior program K--3
· Adrian working with junior staff in implementing effective iPad integration. Integrated planning documents have been created.
· iPad configuration with Apple ID volume license .
· All parents have an Apple ID before 1:1 roll out occurs. Support parents in doing this if required.
· Excite Logic used for leasing and purchasing program as well as parents having the choice to purchase independently. Apple Care is compulsory with all machines.
· SHPSH to image laptops and coordinate roll out days. Apple consultant will support.
· Communication to parents via posted letter and email to families.
· SHPSH twitter presence.
Patterns of Behaviour
· Digital license for year 4 and 5 students at the start of 2013.
· Teacher integration of 21st century planning and learning strategies through further PD and opportunities and sharing of knowledge gained.
· Parent involvement and participation in information sessions.
· Jamie McKenzie professional development day
· Parent information sessions in term 3
· Parent learning workshop in term 4
· Monday 4th February, laptops need to be at the school.
· Monday 11th February, roll out sessions for parents and students in Term 1, weeks 1 and 2, 2013.